Monday 13 July 2009

Niagara Motorcycle Raceway








From John, a proud uncle.

Here are some pictures from Niagara Motorcycle Raceway at the Welland Motorcycle Club in Welland, Ontario, Canada.
It's a nice track and a great Saturday night racing atmosphere. I was not racing. I'm a roadracer with an '97 Buell Lightning and a couple of Sportsters but I love dirt track racing too. I live in Pennsylvania, just down the road from Chris Carr, but I grew up in Canada.
My nephews are Colin and Nigel Heggarty racing for Inglis Cycle and Kawasaki Canada as Team Tenacious from London, Ontario. They race Expert class #27 and #81.
They have been racing their 450s in Canada and all the AMA events they can get to, so far Daytona, Springfield and Lima. We plan on meeting them in Hagerstown MD. in a couple of weeks.
Colin is the #27 bike. Nigel #81 spun a cam flange on his bike and had to borrow a bike for the evening (July 4th) when I took these photos. Colin took 2nd in the 450 class feature that night coming from the back of the pack.
You guys do a great job with the magazine. I look forward to every issue.
Thanks, John H.

No comments: