Wednesday 22 May 2013

DTRA Round 4, Tir Prince, Wales

This race is on a super-fast, two-thirds of a mile horse racing oval near Rhyl in North Wales. This is proper On Any Sunday action.
It's a Friday night race with racing starting at about 7pm. The DTRA needs marshals for this race. You'd need to be there for 5-ish to get a briefing and cover the practice.
Times and gate prices will be confirmed on the blog.

Sideburn's ongoing sponsorship of the UK Dirt Track Riders Association sees us commissioning different artists to produce a poster for each of the races. Please share this poster on any of your own social media.

Round 1 was Ryan Quickfall
Round 2, Essy May
Round 3 is Dirt Quake by Adi Gilbert
Round 4 is by Adam Nickel, interviewed below.

ADAM NICKEL

Where do you live? 
Brisbane, Australia.

What bike do you own? 
A 1955 Triumph Thunderbird.

What's your dream bike? 
I wouldn't mind owning a DAH Harley race bike.

Who is your motorcycle hero? 
Burt Munro, though watching Malcolm Smith in the Elsinore Grand Prix in On Any Sunday gives me goosebumps.

If you were to start racing flat track what bike would you choose to compete on?
I love the KR flattrack bikes

What was the inspiration for your DTRA poster?
Early 60s graphic design, specifically rock posters from around era.

Finish this sentence: I love my motorcycle... 
...but I think it hates me.

www.adamnickel.com

3 comments:

Kirk said...

Seriously, I wish you guys would sell a DTRA poster set, it's a fine little collection.

Unknown said...

I have registered my interest for marshalling, went last time it was there, seriously fast......

Guy #97 said...

Agree with Kirk, great posters!