Saturday 11 July 2015

Not angry just disappointed

I had my inkling of what Mad Max Fury Road was going to be like after seeing the trailer, and gave my thoughts here (What have you done?). But I always intended to go and see it at a cinema, not wait for the DVD.

After it was released, I thought I'd got it all wrong, that I'd been a bit hasty, because I listen to a film podcast from the BBC, Kermode & Mayo's Film Review, and they and their listeners were almost universally positive.

Well, it finally came to my small town cinema last night, and I paid my £5.30 and sat down to all 120 mins of it.

And I was right. I thought it was shite. G

This mash-up below shows you all you need to see. Contains spoilers.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Accents were all over the place except for our local lady CT. I liked the homage to the first two films with the 2x sped up segments but it's not really Max is it?

Capion mc said...

I missed it at my local ciné, I have mixed feelings about this film but have to wait for the DVD to form an opinion. Looking forward to it less now. Hello to Jason Isaacs.

capnsimo said...

Bravo, I celebrate frank, honest and to the point commentary, exactly what is great about sideburn....
xxs

Sideburn Magazine said...

Simon
We're very much of the school of, if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all, but I thought I'd make an exception.
G

Ps Yes, Capion, hello to Jason Isaacs

Unknown said...

This reflects your sentiment exactly Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

OILY RAG said...

I was expecting to think it was crap but I really liked it. In fact the more I think about it the more I like it.

capnsimo said...

Hear Hear, or as me Gran said now then now then......or was it there there...whatever.. it all makes me smile, I sympathise with the aforementioned and the latter sentiments.....
xs